Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sunday - A change is as good...

I didn't mention that Saturday night it became apparent that we had no gas in the caravan so we couldn't put the fire on or get any hot water. So my first job Sunday was to go find out what was wrong and also to get myself a key. There is no way we could have coped the whole week with only 1 key between us.
DD and I went along to reception and they were more than happy to give me the key to the 'backdoor' of the caravan. The gas problem was also quickly solved as all they needed to do was change the gas bottle.

We spent a little time in the arcades and whilst the rest of the family went to see the afternoon show, I decided to take the chance to have some time to myself and went back to the caravan. It was weird only having 5 channels on the TV so all I could find to watch was the X factor re-run from Saturday night. Hence the change is as good as a rest title. Ange and the rest of the family got home just in time for the results and then it was time for everyone to get ready to go out for the evening. The only way to get a seat for the evening entertainment was to go early and queue.

We went to Burger King for our tea. As it was the end of the season they didn't have everything on the menu but they did have our old faves. Whopper with chees for me, Double Bacon cheeseburger for DD and Chicken for DS.

My plan was just to go for a couple of hours and maybe a couple of pints and then spend some more quality time in the caravan on me todd. However the entertainment was very good and I ended up staying till chucking out time. The Variety show was the lads and lasses of the Funstars (Haven's equivalent of the Red coats) and they did a show called Chartbusters. A trip through the ages of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s with all the costumes and top tunes of the decades.

The evenings cabaret act were former X factor contestants 2 to go. As I never watched the first series of X factor, I hadn't heard of them but I thought they were really good. They are Emma and Pete. I thought Pete was amazing as not only is he blind but he plays the keyboards, sings and plays Sax. They announced that they would also be doing Friday night so I was looking forward to seeing them again.

Another feature of the Haven holiday experience is of course the Tiger club with its chief member Rory the Tiger along with all his other jungle friends - Bradley Bear, Anxious the Elephant, Greedy Gorrilla, Naughty Ned and Polly. every night the kids get to join in the party dances with the Funstars and the characters. Although you try hard not to, in the end you can't help but join in and although I probably shouldn't admit it, I remember all the moves to them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home