Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sorry you have not been successful

Par for the course for me really. I thought myself lucky to get an interview at all. The amount of application forms I have filled in and CVs I have sent off and cover letters I have written in the past year this is the first actual interview I have got to in months.

It started off badly with the fact that it was Friday 13th. I was still pretty positive though. I put me best clobber on, did my hair even wore me best coat.

I thought the interview went well. I managed not to blank too much and the couple seemed pretty positive when I left. I had decided not to tell anyone just in case I jinxed it but when the call came about 7pm It didn't make any difference. I am at the point now where I feel like giving up this whole job-hunting business. It's OK the government telling me I have to go to work but if no one will give me a job what can I do.

I have to say that this is the first time rejection has really upset me and I actually broke into tears when I put the phone down...the realisation that I am practically unemployable I guess

Everyone knows that my ultimate dream is to have my own business but it's a catch 22. You can't start your own business without capital and you can't get capital without first having a job to earn that money to set up your own business in the first place. I am a bad credit risk too so I can't even borrow that money. I guess I will just have to keep suffering the rejection for as long as it takes

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad luck Jen. I know what it's like, I'm job hunting at the moment and it's horrible keep getting knocked back. Keep on trying, as everyone keeps telling me, the right job will come along. x

15/10/06 10:57 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Yeh, ditto everything Gayle said. It's too late for me to actually come up with something of my own that is comprehensible. *Hugs*

18/10/06 12:34 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks you guys. It is good to know that you know how I feel.
It's jobs day in the paper today LOL

18/10/06 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home