Thursday, October 05, 2006

"What you need is a Shopmobility scooter!"


I always knew I would make a crap Nurse and I have proved it to myself this week. I think the thing is that I am just too darned lazy LOL

Last week my little (and by little I mean younger than me because she certainly isn't shorter than me ) sis had an op on her foot . So this week she has been housebound and struggling around on crutches. She has to take 6 weeks off work but even after a few days she is already frustrated going stir crazy.

I went up there on Monday because she had a problem with her computer that she wanted me to look at. It wasn't until it was nearly time for me to go home that I found exactly what the problem is. Someone else that uses the computer (Who shall remain nameless for obvious reasons) has been visiting some less than pleasant sites which have installed several little viruses. So my plan was to come home and research further then go back on Wednesday and sort the problem out.

I spent all day up there Wednesday. It was then that I realised I am crap at taken care of invalids. I found that although I would offer help with simple tasks...I always seemed to wait until it was too late and she had struggled to do the easiest of things herself. Although she said that she shouldn't rely on me as she would have to do it all herself when I am gone, I should still have made more of an effort.
I did go shopping for her though but on my return, I managed to not only lock myself out of the house but I locked them into it. I had to bang on the door until her landlady came down to let me in and then I had to post the keys through the door so that she could complete the task.

So she has her first appt at the hospital tomorrow when they will take the dressing off to see how it is healing. Hopefully things will be all OK and I am hoping that she will be able to come here at the weekend as I have to confess I never do feel very comfortable at hers with her other housemates...I never feel like I can relax...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home