Thursday, September 21, 2006

Are there secrets inside?

I was sat on a train to Nottingham this morning with my MP3 player blasting in my ears.
Alistair started singing Secrets inside and I seemed to go into fantasy movie mode. As if watching a soppy movie or soap when someone has just died, I was getting flashbacks running through my head of past poinient Griffin moments. One such moment that was recurring was the last time I saw him at the Bedford but it wasn't of him on stage but out in the bar. The moment that I tried to stifle giggles as Victoria slipped down the steps whilst trying to make a cool entrance. That moment seemed to be the one and only time I actually exchanged smiles with Charlotte as she too was stifling her guffaws. Not that I wish any ill of Vix it was just the intensity of that moment that made it all the more funny.

Another recurring scene in this emotional flashback sequence was of course of the very first moment that I saw Al sing SI at the Bedford. I was jammed in the corner on the sofa under the stairs with my jaw on the carpet swimming in a pool of drool. It is moments like that which will never return and make the whole of those 3 years so special.

Other moments that were recalled were that time in the Bedford when Caroline and I had that special moment chatting to Al on the landing. It was only a few minutes but he had come over to us and wasn't in any hurry to get away although we seemed to be but we were also steaming so that might have had something to do with it.

I was broken from the fantasy by a tap on the arm as the woman from across the aisle asked if I was OK. I hadn't even noticed that tears were falling down my face. I wasn't sad though, didn't feel maudling or depressed. I wasn't disturbed by the images in my head. They must have been tears of happiness, good memories passed that I can never get back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me feel very wistful Jen, but we must remember no-one can take the special memories away!

23/9/06 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home