Wednesday, September 27, 2006

All the fun of the fair

I have never really been a big fan of fairgrounds (Except for Il'son fair but that holds so many great memories for me it is a different kettle of fish altogether) so when Deb said she wanted to go to the fair I decided I would let the kids go and have some quiet time at home.
I changed my mind though as I thought it would be nice to have this one last family outing before Debz has her op. Things have been a bit mad round here lately too so I thought it might be a nice way to wind down from all that.

It was only a small affair. Ghost train, funhouse, waltzers, teacups, elephants, couple of hook-a-ducks, trampolines, Dodgems, shooting gallery, toffee apples, burgers and Candy Floss. It wasn't very busy either which was just the ticket as it meant no wiating to get on rides and you know how I hate crowds anyway.

DN enjoyed himself on the funhouse with DS. To get in you had to go up these wacky steps and DN had a bit of trouble so they stopped them moving so he could get up but even when DS went on I had my heart in my mouth a few times as I thought he was going to lose his foot or even fall backwards.

Deb and DD went on the Ghost train whcih was extremely noisy, as we stood waiting for them all we could hear were screams - not really sure if it was coming from them or not. After that the boys went on the Tea-cups and the trampolines and then everyone but me and DS went on the Dodgems. They certainly got their money's worth as they seemed to be o there forever.

Before we came home I decided to treat myself to some Candy Floss and some Cinder toffee to bring home.

Overall for a gal who doesn't like fairs, I had a pretty good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home