Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rain Rain go away come again another day

Wednesday was a terrible day. I had planned to go over to Debz' so we could go round to the Cash and Carry place together. She is managing to walk a lot easier now but wouldn't have managed to walk round and carry a basket.

I ended up having to take a taxi over there which I was a bit loath to do as it would eat into my holiday fund yet again. However I decided that if the rain was going to continue then it would be better for the kids to just come there from school and meet me then we could get a taxi home again. Debz house is just a 5 minute walk from school so they wouldn't get as wet as if they had to walk all the way home.

Everytime we go to the Cash and Carry it is a different experience. This time we got stuck behind a couple of women who were determined to look at every single item in the place. Deb on her crutches and me with the huge trolley that takes up the whole of the aisle with it wonky wheel that takes you everywhere but where you want to go. I could hear tutting behind me but I couldn't do anything. We were gridlocked for what felt like a lifetime and these women weren't in any hurry just to mind out of our way so Deb could limp past on her crutches.
I hate it when it is like that cos then I just want to get out of there so I miss seeing stuff and end up not getting what I went in there for.

In the end I spent £13 and only half of that was on Chocolate and treats. The other half was on household items (mouthwash; candles; batteries; tumble drier sheets; washing powder; socks) Incidentally when I got home and went through my receipt, I found that I had been charged for 2 extra items I didn't have. There were lots of stuff that was 10 for £1 and the cashier must have counted some twice. That is the other problem, you can't get the stuff out of the trolley quick enough so they just count it in your trolley which leads to those kinds of mistakes.

I waited at Debz' for the kids to come out of school and as they were drenched I got a taxi home straight away so they could get home and change into dry clothes.

Had to go back out twice in the rain, once because I needed potatoes for tea and then again because the electric went...I hate that when you are just settling down to the TV and it goes off.

Of course it is gorgeous today. Lovely and sunny outside!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home