Friday, October 20, 2006

Washing Machine engineer - ME

The last thing I wanted to be doing today when I have so much to do is be on my hands and knees servicing my Washing machine.
I have about 6 loads of washing to do. I put a load of towels in first as they are quicker to wash but longer to dry. I went off to do some dusting only to come back and find the washer lit up light Blackpool Illuminations. So went to the draw to find the instructions to find out what FP means and of course they weren't where they should be. Oh yeah I found the instructions for the Dryer; Fridge Freezer; cooker; my old stereo from 3 stereos ago; my old Camcorder; Kettle; 3 sets of toaster instructions but no Washing machine. I turned the house upside down looking in all the usual places for these kind of things and finally found them in the cupboard in the living room.

According to the pretty lights, It was the water in hose that was blocked or the filter was blocked and stopping water coming in. So I got the washer out from the wall (EWWW!) and checked all the connections but they were all fine so the next job was to get down on me hands and knees and open up the filter.
I gathered up all the dirty clothes from the floor to put underneath and catch the water. Before I knew it, I was knee deep in water - It's no wonder the blessed thing wasn't working. So after several goes at rocking the machine so that all the water flowed out, I cleaned the filter and put it all back together again.

Now it is all working thank god! The last thing I needed today was to have to take a trip to the Laundrette.

So clothes sorted, shopping sorted, just got the worst jobs to do which is the vaccuuming which I hate so much because I am already in considerable pain with me back and bending to vaccuum is only going to aggrevate that.

No doubt I will post another entry later but I promise not to moan too much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home