Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The big Christmas shop

Its that time of year again when you face the crowds to go to *Insert supermarket here* and fill up your trolley with a load of rubbish.

This year I have been really good and bought a few things each week so my list isn't that massive. I did a dummy shop online beforehand and it only came to £24 so given that my budget was £50 I had a lot of scope for treats and extras.

Of course the place was absolutely Rammed but as I had my list I thought I would be fine.
I had my phone with me on calculator duties and a pen ready to tick things off as I bought them.
I managed to miss a few things first time around mainly because there was so many people I couldn't see what I wanted so I did a second circuit which was easier as once I had everything ticked off my list I knew how much I had left for extra treats.

I decided to take advantage of the 2 for £16 on Lager as I don't usually have Lager at Christmas. A great offer - 40 cans of Carlsberg lager for £16 which is about 40p per can...A great deal for saying that usually is it £3-4 for a pack of 4.

When I got to the till the woman on the checkout offered me help with packing for which I bit off her hand as I am absolutely pants at packing. I have no idea why Supermarkets these days have taken away all the packing tables that they used to have at the end of the checkout. They scan way too quickly for me to pack it away as it comes down.

However, she was going way too quick for me to keep up so I just chucked everything in the trolley. When she finished, all she did for me was put the eggs and tv mag in a carrier bag and the frozen mince in another bag.
She said to me" See you didn't need my help really" I looked at her open mouthed..."What? You were going far too quick for me, I have just tossed it all in the trolley. I guess I will have to go and pack it outside somehwere."
She just laughed and gave me my receipt.

So I had to go and find somewhere to stand and pack away all my shopping so that I could get it in the taxi. It took me about half an hour to do it and I was getting in everyone's way and there was lots of tutting and swearing under the breath as other customers swerved out of my way and bumped into each other.

On the up side, the taxi only cost me a fiver which was cheaper than it would have been to have it delivered.

Unpacking the shopping at home is a lot more fun too!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home