Friday, December 08, 2006

A present for Everyone

I really had a great day on Tuesday. I went with Debz to help her with her Christmas shopping.
She only gets one day off a week and this was the only day before Christmas that she would be able to shop so she had to do it all in one trip.

We met and McDonalds first and decided to have lunch. Whenever I go with the kids I always um and ahhh about having something new but for fear of not liking it I end up with either a Big Mac or a Quarter pounder. So this time I stuck to my word and had the Chicken Tikka Deli sandwich. It was indeed very nice if not very messy and I even kept my cool and answered confidently when the girl on the till asked if I wanted it on White or Brown.

After filling our stomachs we made our way to Woolworths where the bulk of the shopping was to take place. Debz had an idea what she was buying each person which made it easy.
I love looking round toystores. Of course I regret not being able to buy everything I see but it is fun having a play with everything. If only I could buy DNiece the singing Care Bear or the little puppy that sings or the big dancing Dora. If only I could buy the remote control K-9 for DD or any of the Doctor Who toys.

We came out with lots of bags and had more places to go.
The problem gift became DNephew's gift. He is getting a VSmile from Mum and Dad and so we are all buying him the game cartridges for it. Debz only problem was that she is buying her her presents with Vouchers that she got from Ange's Hamper catalogue so she only has a limited amount of choices and none of the shops that took the vouchers had any decent games. In the end I bought it from ELC with my card and Debz gave me the vouchers. They would come in very handy so it was no problem as I have someone very special that I am not going to see this year for Christmas but still wanted to give them a gift.

It was nearly 3pm when I got home from town. My feet and legs were aching and I was knackered but I felt good that I had spent a nice afternoon with my sister and we had accomplished everything we set out to get and Debz only has a couple of bits to get now.

I have done all my present buying online this year so I have missed the excitement of doing the shops and the smugness of having all those bags to take home and wrap. In fact it is hard to keep up with what I have bought as everything is arriving in dribs and drabs and I have probably bought way too much...I see how easy it is to do that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home