Thursday, November 23, 2006

A feeling of accomplishment

For ages now I have been promising to clear out the cupboard under the stairs.
It is a huge space yet it was so piled high with junk that you couldn't find anything in there or fit anything else in. With Christmas coming up I really needed to fish out the decs and sort out what needed chucking and what would be OK to use again this year.

I knew it was going to be a long hard job so I had provisions on hand .
I couldn't believe the rubbish I had stuffed in there. I found old bills and empty envelopes, broken toys, junk mail, brochures, magazines and empty boxes. I filled 2 black bags of rubbish and both paper recycle bags.

I got out the bags from last Christmas and found 3 years worth of leftover cards in boxes. This is because every year I don't sort through the leftovers, I just buy new ones. There is enough paper/cards/tape/gift tags in there for me to not have to buy anymore for at least the next couple of years but I bet I do.
I also chucked out a few old decorations and bits and pieces that I bring out every year and don't use so I decided as they were just taking up space it was time for Bye-bye!

By the time I finished, I only put 1 box of junk back in along with the Christmas bags and now it is possible to walk right in to the cupboard and all the way to the back wall. I doubt it will stay that way for long but I now feel cleansed.

A lot of the stuff I pulled out from the cupboard is all the children's clothes stock from when I used to co-own a market stall. I have decided to give all this away on Freecycle. Apart from 1 or 2 things I am going to try and sell on eBay and a few things I am saving for DNs for Christmas pressies...there is no point in keeping it and I may as well let it go to people who really need it.
I have also sorted out all the old kiddies toys from when DNephew used to stay here and have advertised that on Freecycle too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home