Friday, November 17, 2006

Major Catch-up

I am sorry it took me so long to blog the whole of my holiday. I struggle to get on here these days and because I hadn't written anything down while I was away, I was struggling to remember stuff most of the time.

I haven't been around much in the past week because last Friday (10th Nov) I started to get a really bad headache. I took loads of painkillers but it was still there when I went to bed. I just lay there hoping that by morning it would have faded away. Then I went to bed Saturday night hoping it would be gone Sunday morning.
When I went to bed Sunday night I told myself that if this headache was still there Monday morning I would definitely go to the doctors. This isn't just any headache either. I knew It was sinuses because I could feel it in my face. My temples and my cheeks felt like someone was continually passing hot pokers through them. My nose was very tender and have you ever seen that Capital One add where the bloke has a woodpecker on top of his head?

Monday morning I dragged my sore head out of bed to crawl along to the Docs and on confirmation from him that my sinuses were indeed severely swollen, I was put on a course of Anti-biotics.
Monday turned out to be the worst day yet. I crawled back home and went straight back to bed and then I spent most of Monday night throwing up in the bathroom.
I spent Tuesday and Wednesday in bed and only started to feel the pain easing when I got up on Thursday.

The pain hasn't gone completely even now but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. I do keep getting sudden pain in my temples or eyes every so often but that is pain that I am used to as I have a long history with my sinus trouble but I have 1 week left of my anti-biotics and another 6 weeks of my awful nasal spray that always makes me cough and sneeze.

On a lighter note - I am looking forward to Children in Need tonight especially Celebrity Scissorhands on BBC where our 5 intrepid celebrities will be making up the stars before they go on stage.

GOOD LUCK! To Scott Mills!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home