Sunday, November 12, 2006

That Friday feeling

Last day of the holiday and I wanted to make the most of it.
I thought the best way to spend our last full day up North would be to catch the bus into Filey to see the sea for the last time and spend the remainder of our money (well maybe not all of it)
The only problem was that it was a terrible day. The wind was swirling around andthe rain was on and off. As I said in an earlier entry DS had fogotten his coat and his trainers were falling apart. I had planned to buy him new ones during the week but just hadn't found anything to suit. Once in Filey we had a look round a couple of Charity shops to see if we could find some cheap trainers and a cheao coat that would at least keep him dry but no luck. The kids both bought some rock for their friends back home and I bought a couple of gifts and we ventured down to the very cold and wet beach front.

We had some time in the arcades (I know we were addicted) however After a week of it I had just about worn out any enthusiasm I had at the beginning of the week.
We had another wander around the lifeboat shop and I bought DS another little badge to replace the one he had bought the last time we were there.
I don't think I mentioned it before, He had bought himself a little pin badge and lost the back of it before we had even walked 100 yards from the shop.

As we were waiting for DS to buy some nougat from the little stall I noticed that thre was a little cafe up some stairs and suggested we have our last lot of Fish and chips - Only we didn't end up having Fish. We all had Burger and chips instead. Proper massive burgers with loads of chips and salad. I was so glad that we had come in as we certainly wouldn't be hungry for the rest of the day.

I managed to get DS a little waterproof jacket for a couple of quid and I got him an umbrella too so although his feet would be soaked through, his body and head would be dry.

After walking around the town for a couple of hours and the little market that was at the back of a pub we went off to catch the bus. It was Curry night in the camp restaurant and I wanted to be early before it all disappeared and get into the showroom early for the last night of the character show and party dances as well as the second show of 2togo.

Once we got back to the caravan, everyone else was already off to the showroom so I just had to get changed and we were off out again.

Unfortunately as I had eaten that big lunch, I couldn't face the curry. I ordered a jacket potato instead with Chilli filling. We had to wait for ages for it to come and I was disappointed that we missed the last character show. We did make it for the party dances though.




The final variety show of the week was a great parody of the movie Fame It was a very condensed version of course but it showed what great actors the group are and included the great hit from the TV show off of the early 80's... Hi-Fidelity.

Unfortunately for the second night running DNiece wouldn't settle so Ange, Rob and DNephew left quite early and for the second night running we styaed later than they did. However, It wasn't that later, We stayed for the end of the Party dances as DS really enjoyed them and then we met the others in the arcade finishin off all their 2ps. I did get back to the caravan before them though as I ran out of change and the change machines were all empty.
There was also a very dubious couple of 20s chavs kicking all the machines to get the money out of and I didn't like the atmosphere.
The others weren't far behind though and they caught me tucking into my Candy Floss that I had bought from Filey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home