Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday - I see the sea - The sea sees me...


Thursday was my favourite day of the week if I am honest. I didn't want to spend another day just hanging around the park and after our couple of hours in Scarborough on the Tuesday I wanted to go there again.

Me, DD & DS caught the bus from outside the main entrance. It was quite cheap at £8 return for all of us and it was a lovely journey as the bus stopped at all the other holiday camps on the way. We also got to see the sea for the latter half of the journey too. The view over Scarborough is Gorgeous. It is a long time since I was lucky enough to enjoy the wonderful English Landscape. I made many trips up to the North Yorkshire coast during the Griffin years and I was spoilt for great views and being on this bus brought that back home to me.

Once we got off the bus in the town we followed a sign to the beach with lead us to ask this question...What is the obsession with Hills? I mentioned that in Filey you have to go down a steep hill to the front and I know that there are some very famous steps in Whitby that take you down to the beach and here we are in Scarborough with a massive hill down to all the attractions. It is OK going down but you know going up is going to be much much worse.



We wandered down the street going in and out of the arcades and shops.



I managed to pick up a little denim handbag for DNiece's birthday as she has nicked her mum's bag to play with. As it was getting on for the end of the season the pusher machines were loaded up with prizes. So if you were lucky you wouldn't only get 2ps falling down into the tray but you may get a prize or 2 as well.
There were tons of keyrings on offer as well as little trinkets, watches, 50ps, figurines wallets, purses and in the 10p machines there were actual mobile phones. I can't imagine they would ever fall but it entices you to play all the more just to try and win one.
I was very lucky. I won 5 keyrings altogether. DD won a few too but unlucky DS wasn't as lucky and nothing seemed to fall for him.

For our lunch we went in a lovely little cafe and had toasted sandwiches. They were absolutely gorgeous. DD and I had Cheese and Ham and DS had Tuna. We went next door in the chocolate shop for a drink so that we could get a good whiff of the chocolate...Unfortunately I couldn't really afford any of their fantastic Chocolate creations so we went and bought treats and rock from the Rock shop further down.

I had to make sure I bought some fresh fish while by the sea so I bought some fresh boiled Crab and some Crab stix to make sandwiches for going home on Saturday.

We also made sure we made a visit to the Lifeboat station again and I actually remembered the picture this time.



Time was getting on and so we decided to find our way to the town centre and have a look round the shops. I realised that I had absolutely no idea about where to catch the bus back as we walked back through the town a different way to the way we had come. The first obstacle was to get back up that hill. I had to take it in stages and it wasn't untill we were halfway up that we noticed there is a lift from the beach to the top and we could of so easily caught that but at least we had got plenty of exercise.
We did find the bustop quite by accident in the end but we were certainly ready to go back by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home