Monday, December 18, 2006

I love it when you call

I awoke this morning to the luscious voices of JK and Joel as usual with an urge to text in the show. I haven't done so for ages so when they played the jingle for the Radio 1 Christmas party I texted in to ask if they were going to be there seeing as they don't normally do Fridays.

As I lay listening to see if they answered my question, everything went Quiet and dark - The electric had gone!
I had suspected it might go but was hoping it would last until DS had gone to school.

So I got up and got my coat on and traipsed to the all night garage. As I walked bleary eyed my phone in my pocket started vibrating. It was only Andy the producer off of the JK and Joel show asking me if I wanted to be on the competition ANDY'S BOX. I was surprisingly calm although a little scary. I hate that horrible nervous laugh I have but I can't stop doing it.
However, mid conversation my phone died and I thought I had lost my chance to be on Radio 1 for the first time ever.

I got home from the Garage and put the electric cards in and decided to text back to the studio just in case they hadn't managed to get anyone.
10 minutes later I was on the air EEEK!!

Somehow the Adrenalin took over and I managed to actually say something. To my actual surprise I was the winner. PHEW I managed to make it through chatting to JK and Joel without getting weird and stalkerish or getting tongue-tied and starstruck.

I haven't listened back to it yet...not sure if I will at all to be honest but I can't even remember what the prizes were as it was all a blur really.

Here's the clip...remember to right click and save as
Jen on the radio

Can't wait for my prizes.
I will of course update you when they arrive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if they arrive...

20/12/06 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home