Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Get fresh at the weekend- Showing out!

Phew what a weekend!
I am not used to all this activity. Weekends are usually all about staying in bed til lunchtime and lounging around in my pyjamas. I need another weekend to recover now.

Saturday night we all went out to celebrate Ange's birthday. Of course I ummed and ahhed about going. It isn't that I want to be anti-social, it is just that I am out of practise of going down town and I wasn't sure I would cope. I was also worried that it would mean me sat in the corner talking to my drink because as always I was the odd one out.

It wasn't too bad actually. For a start it seemed to be a pub crawl of places I had never been before. Can you imagine, I have lived in Derby now for 26 years of my life yet there are many pubs in town I didn't even know existed. This was interesting as they are tiny little pubs that you have to somehow squeeze yourself into a spot and then kind of bend yourself out the way each time anyone wants to go to the loo.

I started off drinking pints. £1.90 for a pint is an excellent price and you can't pass that up. However I forgot to bring out my inhaler so I had to switch to spirits because lager seems to bring on my Asthma for some reason. I mainly stuck to Vodka and Diet Cokes for the rest of the night, occasionally ordering a Reef.

It all fell a bit flat when we reached the final pub though. This is Ange and Rob's local and they know everyone in there and so does Debz. Zoe suddenly started to feel ill. She kept going out to get air but it wasn't helping and they decided to go home.
I am not sure what time it was when we left there but we just had to get food on the way home and paid the obligatory visit to Benny's for Pizza and of course Debz had Chicken and chips.

When we got back to the house Debz phoned for a taxi and was told it would be an hour so we had plenty of time to eat.
By the time me and the kids got home it was well after 3am.

No rest for the wicked! Sunday morning meant a trip back to Ange's as her Godmother was coming to visit. (I think I have explained the situation before so won't go into it again)

I got up about 10.45am and as I sat eating my breakfast the phone rang. It was Ange saying that they had arrived and were coming to fetch us. I told her to give us time while I had my breakfast and got the kids up. I tell you it's no mean feat getting DD up on a Sunday morning.

Eventually we were all ready and did indeed get picked up, also stopping on the way to pick up Debz too.

We stayed at Ange's until about 3pm and it was nice to see Wendy and Charlie again. Of course Ange and Rob had been to stay with them in the summer but it was about Easter since we saw them.

When we got home, DD had homework to do and then we sat down to watch Chicken Little. I had been looking forward to watching it all week thanks to LoveFilm.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home