Monday, June 26, 2006

Phew! We're through again...

Ange told me the other day that they were going to the Pub to watch the game and asked if DD would like to start her babysitting career Sunday afternoon.
I wasn't keen on going to the pub really as I know I had no money. I would much rather have stayed at home with my pringles.

Sunday morning I wanted to go to the pub even less. It was very hot, I was running behind and the clothes i wanted to wear weren't dry (tumble drier has died completely now!)

I did get to the pub in the end with D, A&R leaving DD to look after DN&N (And DS of course)

The pub is really a bit awkward for watching footie. They have a TV screen up in the corner but the shape of the pub means it is very limited viewing. I thought I had got a good space until some bloke came and stood in front of me so I ended up sitting and watching it on the tiny portable.

When Beckham scored, no one was really sure that he had scored until all the players were running after each other and celebrating - That is when all the people in the pub jumped up and started cheering.


It was a bit worrying to see Becks throwing up after he scored but i thought it was just the heat...It is about 100 degrees out there and they are running around for 90 minutes so you can forgive him for feeling a bit off. I said all he needed was water!

So England are through again to the Quarter Finals and not a penalty in sight so far...

I think that if we get to the final then Frankie Lampard is destined to score the winning goal. He is trying so hard bless him...He must have had the most shots for a single player in the whole of the tournament so far - 1 of them has got to come good for him eventually

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

carrie, radio 1 sportsreader extraordinaire says that lampard has indeed had the most shots of the tournament. me and lucy have constant bets on how many shots he will get off target each match. our last count was 2 so he's getting better *rolls eyes*

26/6/06 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home