Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So this is Christmas - And what have you done?

Not a lot actually.

Christmas Eve - As it was a Sunday I thought it would be nice to go to the pictures as the day was ticking away too slowly as it was. The movie? Santa Claus 3 - The escape clause. I thought the cinema would be pretty quiet as who goes to the pictures on Christmas Eve? Well half of bley Derby that's who. It was packed.
Debz came with us and I treated the kids to one of those huge refillable Pepsi cups for £3 each. Worth the money though as they are using them all the time now.

After the pictures we walked across to KFC and just managed to get in before they locked the doors. As we sat eating it was hilarious watching the hoards of people as they tried to get in. There was a huge sign on the door saying they closed at 7pm but they seemd to think that if they rattled the door hard enough they would get in.
After finishing a very satisfying meal we walked home and had Hot Chocolate with marshmallows and Minty Viscount biscuits.

Christmas Day - I was awoken by DS at 8am on the dot and we all ambled downstairs. As usual I let everyone open their goodies first as the best bit is watching all the others for me.
Santa bought me quite a little selection of pressies. DS & DD bought me a DCFC scarf as well as some choccies. I got the Complete Doctor Who series 2 DVD boxset from Ange & Debz; Lots of smellies; Choccies; Nanny McPhee on DVD from Debz; Avon Celebre perfume; A gorgeous mug with a picture of my DNiece on as well as quite a bit of money too.

I was a bit naughty to DS & DD this year as they had quite a few small pressies but I kept their big presents back until Breakfast. So when they came through for their big fry-up there were more for them to open.
A new phone and a freeview box for DD and a Nintendo Wii for DS. I think they were surprised!

The rest of the day was one big slumped blur after lunch and I can't really rmember any of it...

Boxing day - As usual we spent Boxing day at Ange's. She and DNephew were at the match in the afternoon but we listened on the radio. It wasn't long before they were home and we were eating, drinking and playing DVD games. We didn't stay too late as Debz had to get up for work the next day.

The rest of the week was quite unintersting to be honest. Most days the curtains didn't get opened at all and the door stayed locked. Not much point in going out if you have all you need right here.

Thursday 28th - Today I did a mad thing. I am not usually impulsive with money but I read on MSE that Argos were selling Xboxes with 4 games for £50. I never thought I would be able to own something like an xbox so I reserved on online along with the Pink PSP that I did want so much. Thing is they didn't have both the console and the games in Derby so me and the kids hopped on a train to Burton-upon-trent and went to their Argos instead. It only cost a fiver train fare and the train takes 8 minutes.
I think that the whole of the country must have decided to go to Burton at the same time as the shopping centres were heaving. By about 3.30pm we were knackered and our feet were dropping off.
We went to McDonalds but they were queing out the door. We went round the corner and found that Subway were empty. Now I know I said before that I hate Subway as I panic too much but when you are the only customers it isn't so bad as you have time to choose and there was no rushing to the next people.
We bought some Dinky Donuts on the way to the train and had them with Hot CHoc when we got home while we all had a go on the XBox. (forgot to say I kept one of the games and gave the other 3 to Debz for her boyf)

And that was pretty much Christmas for us.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jen! x

2/1/07 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home