Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Another new blog

I have started another blog.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I am a collector of Autographs. I have been collecting them for 23 years. Ever since I received this from Blue Peter when I was 13















In those 23 years I have acquired all manner of celebs and sporting stars. When I was younger it was mostly stars of kids TV and soaps but I branched out as I got older. I have some big Movie stars in my collection...John Travolta; Charlie Sheen; Woody Allen; Sir Alec Guinness; Josh Ackland; Sir Anthony Hopkins; Brenda Blethyn... I could go on all day really naming names. I managed all the Spice Girls Except Scary Spice Mel B and I only managed Gary Barlow from Take That. Pop Stars have always been the ones that eluded me the most. I have a lovely couple of signed pics of David and Victoria Beckham (I mentioned that in my last blog)

During the 90s I went through a phase of Premiership footballers. Anyone who has been to my house can vouch for that as they all adorn my dining room wall. I stopped after a while though as It wasn't as easy to get hold of the posters to send. I used to buy Match and Shoot magazine and send the posters from them to be signed but they changed their formats. Most of the players on the wall have either moved on from their club now or even retired (Except Robbie Fowler who has moved and gone back again)

So now I am in a new era of collecting and decided the easiest way to document my successes would be to blog them.

I can't be bothered to go through my entire collection and scan every single autograph I have so from time to time I will be adding some of my faves to the mix (Mostly when replies are slow) so keep checking back to have a look.

Jembie Autograph collector

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home