Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears right about now.

Last night one of my all-time favourite films was on. You would think that the amount of times I have seen this movie, I would be sick of it or at least have got it on DVD but no I haven't.
It is quite a long time since I last saw it though so I got really excited that it was on last night and I did manage to record it too so that I can watch it now whenever I want.
It's a shame that I fell asleep for the last half hour which is my fave bit.

Oh Sorry, the movie? DOGMA!
I saw it for the first time a few years ago and it was my first entry into the world of Kevin Smith along with my first introduction to the wonderful Jay and Silent Bob. After seeing this film I made it a point to get out and see other View Askew/ Kevin Smith creations. Mallrats is an excellent film as well as Chasing Amy Oh and there was Jay and Silent Bob strikes back too. Jay and Silent Bob also made an appearance in Scream 3 which I only saw recently.

Anyway back to the movie...Another great thing about Kevin Smith films is that they are bound to star Ben Afflek and or Matt Damon. In Dogma they play 2 fallen Angels (Loki the Angel of Death and Bartleby a Watcher) Who find a loophole to get them back into heaven. It also stars Alanis Morissette as God and Alan Rickman as the Metatron along with Chris Rock as Rufus the 13th apostle and Salma Hayek as Serendipity. I couldn't possibly forget the gorgeous (Pre-beard) Jason Lee too as Azrael. Jason is also another feature of all Kevin Smith movies.

There is one icky scene in the whole movie where our intrepid travellers (Jay and Bob the Prophets and Bethany the last zion) are in a bar and Azrael summons up the Shit monster. It is really horrible and I knew that I had to hide behind the cushion for that entire scene.

I was really looking forward to the end of the film though as that is my fave bit of the whole movie. The last half an hour is really the best

Bartleby: Ladies and gentlemen, you have been judged guilty of sinning against our almighty God, and I promise you, you shall pay for your trespasses, in blood!
[He rips open his shirt to reveal a silver breastplate]
Bartleby: Wings, now.
Loki: I'm feeling a little exposed here...
Bartleby: DO IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home