Monday, May 22, 2006

Good God! Is that the time?

Well after a week of having a lie-in until 6.30, I was up at 5 this morning with JK and Joel back on early breakfast.

I was very concerned that as I was hearing them on the radio, I couldn't actually see them on the webcam. Not sure what was happening, whether they were in a different studio or not but as I like to save all the webcam pics I was quite disappointed. I managed one pic with Joel


and one pic with JK (That's comedy Dave by the way)



I have pretty much got used to the format of the show and it seems to zip past these days meaning that before long it is time for me to get the kids up and then Moyles is on.

At 6.55am however, it was Dave on the other end of the mic saying that Chris wasn't in yet...Yesterday unfortunately Leeds united weren't premoted to the Premiership and so Mr Saviour had gone AWOL. Now they have done this before, Chris not being on time but he usually appears before the news. Today he didn't so the boys were asked to stay on (So why couldn't Dave do the show anyway?)

I have to say It was fantastic. You were expecting Moyles to turn up any minute or do some comedy skit pretending to be in a hotel/services/garage/corner shop etc... The team seemed to genuinely not know where he was and at 8.45 when I had to leave the house, JK and Joel were still on. They really seemed to gel with the rest of the Breakfast show team with a good raport with Comedy Dave and (apart from Joel's little mishap with the ramble) they did the usual material really well. I really enjoyed the whole show as it was a refreshing change.




It must be an indication of how involved I have become and indeed have let the boys get under my skin as I felt so proud when I read these comments on the ChrisMoyles.net forum.

Maybe from now on, next time Moyles is off, It will be JK and Joel in the Breakfast slot instead of Scott Mills. I certainly think they did themselves proud this morning!!

I don't think it will be a case of clipping the best bits...maybe just have to download the whole show!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

Comedy Dave! Wooooo!

I usually only hear JK and Joel on the changeover (so basically only Joel Gold then)but I really enjoyed the hour or so I heard of them today (and I'm so doing listen again for the rest of it).

I think the reason they don't let Dave host on his own is because he talks incredibly fast when he's doing solo links, bless him. I can't work out why when otherwise he speaks at a perfectly normal pace!

22/5/06 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home