Saturday, May 27, 2006

Little water baby

Today I went into town to watch my gorgeous DN at his swimming lessons. He was so cute and a total natural in the water. It was wonderful cos he was smiling the whole time and although he did seem to be messing around a lot and not listening to the teacher, each time it was his turn, he did the task wonderfully.

Today was all about swimming on their backs. To start with they did what they called chicken wings where they had a float under each elbow and worked on the leg work. DN hardly seemed to blink an eye as he went, remembering to flick his feel and keep his belly button above the water.
The next task was to go again but with the float behind their heads. Then the next task was a lot harder to hold the float down on their knees. I think this would have done me but again DN was the best in the group.

It got harder as they started to work on the arms. There was a little girl in the group who was also smiling the whole way through the class but she was having the biggest problem co-ordinating her legs and arms. She was getting there though.

By the end of the class I almost wanted to go for a swim too. I really enjoyed it and I may make it a regular Saturday thing especially as DN is so great in the water and such a progression from how he hated it when he first started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home