Monday, June 05, 2006

What a weekend

I know I am a little late here and I am sure you were expecting a commentary sooner. Thing is these days I haven't a hope of getting on the computer at the weekends until nearly midnight.

So what happened this weekend? Oh Yea...

ENGERLAND ENGERLAND ENGERLAND!!!!!
In an absolutely fantastic game of football, England beat Jamaica 6-0.
It was a bit of a weird situation I found myself in to actually watch the game. I have previously watched England from different pubs, My front room, Ange's front room and a school hall (Last world cup to raise money for the school roof fund)
So this weekend I found myself in Zoe's front room with DD; DBIL; DNiece and Zoe's hubby (DS was seemingly bored with the whole World Cup euphoria thing and he was either playing darts in the kitchen or playing his Nintendo DS) DBIL was wearing a ridiculous England hat

and DNiece was sat in her pushchair rather sedate through the whole game.
Unfortunately Ange and Zoe had to miss most the game as they were taking J & B to swimming lessons so when they arrived England were already 4-0 up. Peter Crouch had an hilarious penalty miss but that is totally overshadowed by his Hat-trick which was, to me, a shock and a half - I didn't even slag him off one bit!!!

After the match a party unfolded. Gradually over the night more and more people arrived. I think my downfall was that I had started drinking at 2pm and never reached the getting drunk stage.
Originally, my plan was to leave about 8pm as I wanted to watch and record X-Factor. When it was getting near that time though, DS seemed to be having such a good time with his little league of fairies (B and her cousins were all dressed as faires and looked so sweet) I thought I would forget about X-Factor and just watch the repeat on Sunday. By 9pm though, I had such a migraine that I could hardly keep my eyes open. I had felt the headache start earlier but thought i just needed more alcohol to get rid of it (OK so that is a bit stupid) and more people had just arrived and I didn't want to look as if i was leaving cos they had arrived but I knew that if I stayed any longer I would only get grief for being mardy and looking miserable so I called a taxi and made my exit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home